LARGE SCALE: MARVEL ETERNALS: KRO
This big SOB from the MCU Eternals movie stands taller than the average 6 inch figures. I finally watched the movie a few weeks ago and for the most part, I liked it. What I found fantastic were the creatures. Unfortunately, Hasbro chose not to make them, but rather, the humanoid version that came off as an Ultron - wannabe character. I chose to purchase it because it cuz it was the only monster available and I believe it was MSRP (ie; didn't raise in price). The larger figure, I'm guessing still falls under 6 inch scale, but he is simply bigger than the average human so size allowance occurred. That's not a bad thing and much appreciated from fans. Nothing worse than a short guy (per story, filecard, etc) be taller than the hulking mass guy that's supposed to be 7 feet tall, right?
The photo I took of this dude, I know, it's horrible. The toy version doesn't do the movie version justice. Maybe it would if they got the eyes right, but that's all beyond the point. To cut to the chase, I felt I could use a good monster creature for my stories, particularly for the Demon Hunters project which is helping flesh out the Zedd Universe. That means, yes, monsters and creatures exist. But they always have in my JoeVerse, the pre-cursor to the much larger Zedd Universe. Basically, the JoeVerse is a microcosm or a specific part of the Zedd Universe. At times, it's a bit narrow in focus and doesn't allow to explore Earth - Zedd 138. (hee hee, dorky name I just made up!)
I don't have immediate plans for this figure. Only vague ideas. I am considering making this dude be the equivalent of Cobra LA (which I acknowledge it exists but probably won't ever write them in). Will he remain under the name Kro or will I change it to Kor, which is a name I can remember easier? I'm sure this figure will be repurposed and not represent Marvel or the Eternals movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment