6 INCH: JINX
Jinx was just a character to me. Nothing special at her. She served to move a story forward. Her original figure, yuck. Jinx was not on my list of desirable figures, even if she got decent time in the GI Joe animated movie. My interest in her changed by the time she got some treatment from Hasbro during the theme years. I liked the look they gave her with the jacket and long hair. It was far better than the red pajama look she originally had. Then she got the Sigma 6 design and while a 8 inch figure was never made, she looked cool. I bought the GI Joe Club version and was disappointed, as I was with 90% of their frankensteined figures.
The Classified version of Jinx is, I guess, acceptable. She was probably an impulse buy. In terms of why Hasbro made her, they were probably just checking her off. Not a chase figure, more like a nice filler figure. Now I think about it, some of these figures may have been bought for the VS project I was doing. That project goes back to the relaunch theme Joe Vs Cobra where it was good guy vs bad guy. It was a fun theme. Hasbro made it up rivalries. I could have had a plan of Jinx VS someone but I can't remember now. I think I only made 3 of these stories and #4 was Snake Eyes vs Nite Creeper.
Jinx in the Zedd Universe follows how she's already been established. A cousin of Storm Shadow. Trained by Arashikage. No romantic relationship with Falcon. Can fight with a blindfold, though I've never shown that. I'd like to use her in photos, I simply haven't. She's not a priority in the Zedd Universe but now I think about it, since Snake Eyes left GI Joe, Jinx was brought in for the new 13. Wait, what? The last diostory I was working on was called NEW BREED. I think it started just before 2021 or in 2021. I had the 1st chapter almost completed then lost half of it. And then other things happened and diostories were, for the most part, retired. As a story waiting to be written, well, GI Joe was pared down to a core 13. Jinx was to be a part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment