Tuesday, September 15, 2026

 6 INCH: STALKER


The ZEDD UNIVERSE started with the GI Joe universe and was intertwined with different toylines that often weren't written as the specific toyline. For example, in the story TRANSFORMATIONS, the Microman race was there, but the names of the figures were changed because I didn't pay attention to them. McFarlane's Cyberunits showed up in the 2nd diostory but were referred to as cyber experiments or something of that sort. The way I used them had nothing to do with the toyline. As I wrote more, I decided to incorporate the actual toylines as they were supposed to be but at times, in a lighter fashion. I hate the word 'crossover'. The other toylines were simply entities to be used for the story, not a "GI Joe meets Microman!" or "GI Joe meets Warhammer 20k!" That latter, it was about GI Joe vs alien monsters that happened to be Tyranids and an early link to the possible 40k universe (or 30k since that's all the rage in the Warhammer 40k universe).

Now, Stalker wasn't a big deal to me as a kid. Just the black dude in a camo outfit. He was certainly not cool in my book. Not like Flash with his cool red pads and visor on helmet. I didn't become a fan of Stalker until 2002 when Hasbro roided him up and frankly, gave him a really cool look. Next stop for me was his Pursuit of Cobra version. He lost muscle but gained braided hair and well, Stalker looked awesome in all ways possible. I loved that figure as I loved that 2002 version. Because of that, Stalker found a larger role in the Joe Verse. This is small Stalker, mind you.

Big Stalker, I like the Classified look too. The big scarf is a nice touch. I'd like to use him more, maybe make him a thing, but he's oddly not photogenic. Something about his eyes are off. I think mine also suffers from the stiff hands. Now, as a kid, part of what made Stalker, Stalker, was that different gun he came packaged with. In this case, Hasbro made it his secondary weapon cuz it fits in a sleeve that can attach to his back. Like in Aliens, Hick's secondary was a shotgun that he carried on his back. I don't know what the differences are between Stalker's weapons; why one over the other. But it is a neat little element. I need to get this guy more picture time.










No comments: