6 INCH: ZANDAR
Zandar. Brother of Zartan. Dude with no personality. The kid that nobody paid attention to. Also the kid that nobody saw or noticed. And as far as I could tell, he was an open book for me to write his character. I didn't have him as a kid. Much like Zarana, I wasn't too worried about getting a Zandar. I would receive one decades later and I rather liked the figure. The Dreadnoks, in general, I was luke warm about. They were what they were but that didn't necessarily mean I was crazy for them. I liked Zartan. I accepted his original 3 cronies. Come to the Classified version, Hasbro made some tweaks on him. For the most part, I'm fine with him. I thought his hair was supposed to be pink, but Hasbro seemed to like orange better. One thing I'm not a fan of are these figures who wear armor without a base layer (or shirt). That's probably a personal thing since I'm picky with what goes on my skin. To be fair, I guess if Zandar didn't have the armored vest, he'd be going around shirtless which would be more to his classic look.
I'd love to use the figure more but his knee and fingers are incredibly stiff. When I tried to photograph a fight scene between he and Beach Head for the VS story, it went horribly. Both figures have the same issues making it nearly impossible to make things look decent.
I'd love to use the figure more but his knee and fingers are incredibly stiff. When I tried to photograph a fight scene between he and Beach Head for the VS story, it went horribly. Both figures have the same issues making it nearly impossible to make things look decent.
Why I have this figure comes down to, I wanted the Z family. Zarana had already been made, word. Zandar was made, word. Zartan, obviously, was the 1st to be made, yo. I kinda wanted all three just for the fun of it. When Zanya was announced, I was excited. I liked the small scale figure that was made and that she even existed. The rest of the Dreadnoks, I tried to hold off. The only small scale 'noks I had were Zartan and Torch. Ripper and Buzzer always got moved to the back of the line. The big head thing didn't help me want them more either. So for Zandar, a lot of it has to do with wanting a physical representation of a character. I had a lot of fun writing his character, making him similar to General Chang from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. In the Zedd Universe, he's an assassin. (unlike his lil counterpart which I don't have figures of, Zandar is not posing as Zartan) He's also a master of disguise as is Zarana. He can also 'cloak' as not to be seen. This makes him extremely dangerous.
No comments:
Post a Comment