6 INCH: FLINT
Me being me, I've always had issues with people in power. Leadership. Managers. Cops. Etc. This was evident in my disdain for Duke who represented (visually) just about everything I hated. It's no wonder I got into skateboarding, right? This mentality applied to most of the Joe officers; Beach Head, Flint, Slaughter (Slaughter was an ass in my book but that's another rant for another day), etc. Funny thing, I totally accepted Hawk as a general and leader of GI Joe when his v2 came out. Yeah, don't ask. But due to my thinking, then who led GI Joe into battle on the bed, bean bag chair, living room couch, and carpeted floors all over the condo? Hell, I don't even remember! (I probably spent all my time setting up and then being too tired for the battle or it was "time to clean up!")
Somewhere in the timeline, I made peace with Flint. He was a bit of an ass when we first met him in the comic. In the cartoon, he was what he was. I remember deciding when I wanted a Flint for my kiddy collection and being bummed that he was already out of production. The 2ndary option was... Tiger Force Flint and I had to put up with that. Skipping the theme years and etc, this Classified Flint was one of the first figures in the series. I liked the design I saw but was luke warm on the Classified series in general. I questioned why Hasbro didn't do this in small scale instead? I don't care about trends and whatever definition they gave Classified (bigger scale means collector scale!). Flint looked awesome but I could see right away he was lean on accessories which caused me to balk at the price point ($22, I think, was starting MSRP and it's gone up since those 1st waves). Still, he looked good enough to have. I think I've had him twice now? (The last time I bought him, he came as a deal with Lady Jaye from BBTS)
In the large scheme of things, Flint is number 3 in command. General Colton - Duke - Flint - Beach Head. I can't remember if there's a #5. As per comic (or was it cartoon), Flint can lead teams but his specialty is rescue ops. I have a MTF'd version, but I admit, like the Classified version better. (The MTF'd versions aren't as hard in their outfits as their traditional look) At this time, like most of my large scale figures, they are for photographic purposes and don't necessarily fit into the Zedd Universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment