6 INCH: SNIPERS (FEMALE)
These were bought with the purpose of being cannon fodder. Instead, they ended up with names and personalities and are now part of the Zedd Universe as characters. One of them, though it's subtle in the story, has a sister that's a pilot. Both gals show up in a 4 Horsemen vignette and the sister shows up in a Devils Dog story.
The figures are pretty good. One figure comes with 3 heads. I didn't use the 3rd head which has a hat, sunglasses, and headset. It wasn't because I didn't have a 3rd figure, I simply don't care for the head. In fact, the caucasian head, if that hat came off, it'd be awesome. Also, unlike the Greenshirts, it'd be hard to build a bunch of these gals where I modify the heads slightly so they all look different. Hasbro did quite a job of not making standard parts so I got stuck with characters, not so much expendable troopers. If there were a masked female head that easily fit, maybe I could make it work.
It's interesting to note, in the small scale Joe Verse, I didn't have a need for Green shirts or battlefield support troops. My stories took place with special teams. There was no 1980s-like war scenes with hundreds of motorized units and troops running all over. (well, there may have been a couple but it didn't lend the need for Greenshirts to get the body count up) With Classified, I felt the need for support troops. It's just the way my story projects work and how different in feel they can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment