6 INCH: RED 5 (CUSTOM)
This custom figure is heavily based on a figure that a friend did. Red 5, as I call him, is one of my favorite figures. When Mr. Winchester made him, I really liked the look. I thought it was an official figure but it was revealed it was a custom. In short order, I set out to make one for myself. I think there are some small variances between his and mine, but don't remember the specifics.
While I made the figure just for the cool visual look of him, I hadn't many thoughts of who or what he was. The head says to me it's more robotic than cybernetic. The body says it's human, perhaps even android, but not cybernetic (ie; cybernetically augmented human). I've had a lot of time to think on the character and not coming up with a lot of specifics. I did decide this:
-Was a member of a Viper squad called Red Squad
-Was a member of a Viper squad called Red Squad
-The name is from Star Wars, but has nothing to do with Star Wars
-He is a bounty hunter (but remains a Cobra operative)
-Had extensive work done to him; not sure if he is an android w/ a human consciousness. That would be moving into Battlestar Galactica territory which is kind of where I want to go. That over Robocop where Red 5 has a human brain in that head
-Very stiff personality; mission oriented
-Red 5 is a member of the 7 Orochi; the project after the 4 Horsemen story.
-Red Squad was one of the 4 Horsemen's pet projects that didn't go well. Red 5 is the surviving member
-Knife is missing. Will be a story point
-Uses a Robocop gun. Made by Gridiron Studios. The gun itself has always been a favorite of mine ever since I saw Robocop. I don't even care for Robocop or the movie, I just like the gun!
What's interesting to note. I have a bunch of figures on the dresser. Mostly it's so they are easy to grab when I go on a photoshoot. I find that several of the figures are black and red. I love this figure. I don't know if it's because Winchester designed it, he explained how to build it (along with the recipe), and/or the fact that his photos of him are fantastic and I oddly believe I can reproduce the coolness to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment