6 INCH: NIGHT CREEPER
I've stated many times that I'm not a fan of the DiC stuff which often means, I'm not the biggest supporter of the figures that came after the Cobra War. I admit, I'd have to do some research to get the proper years for some of these. When was Cobra War vs Alley Viper/Night Viper/ Capt GridIron/Etc releases? Despite all that, there were a few gems that were created. Maybe they were handled in a certain way in the cartoon but since I wasn't watching DiC, I missed it. That's probably a good thing because I'd be either skewed, biased, and/or scarred even more than I already am!
The Nite Creeper (yes, I prefer to spell it "NITE" over "NIGHT") is one of those figures I had as a kid and I thought he was pretty neat. I completely forgot the premise of this trooper class. They were just a bunch of funky-sword wielding ninja. I'm not going to talk about the Theme Year versions, we'll just skip to the Classified version. (for the record, I don't care if it's Classified, Classic, Retro; it's all NOT small scale)
The Nite Creeper (yes, I prefer to spell it "NITE" over "NIGHT") is one of those figures I had as a kid and I thought he was pretty neat. I completely forgot the premise of this trooper class. They were just a bunch of funky-sword wielding ninja. I'm not going to talk about the Theme Year versions, we'll just skip to the Classified version. (for the record, I don't care if it's Classified, Classic, Retro; it's all NOT small scale)
I think I got this guy on a whim and because he was cheap. But this figure is a nostalgia item for me too. I could say Tunnel Rat is a nostalgia item, but Tunnel Rat serves a different purpose. Nite Creeper is just a ninja trooper figure to me (but not the official Ninja Trooper that was made. Or was that Ninja Viper? Viper Ninja?). I don't remember if I had specific plans for the purchase. It was just to have. This figure does come with a second head and I believe with that head on the body, the Nite Creeper becomes the character Aleph. (I'd have to look the character up) As it stands now, Nite Creeper was to be used in a VS story. Who are the Nite Creepers to fight? Snake Eyes, that's who!
I know that might sound like a no-brainer. I'm sure Snake Eyes has plenty of arch enemies, what's one more? It's not so much who the Nite Creepers make an enemy of, it's about the story using and/or centering around Nite Creepers. That was to be the fun of it. As for the figure itself, I haven't used it much. I tried a photoshoot some time ago and it didn't go well. That had more to do with my photography skills and location than the figure. I remember it not being particularly inspired. On my random drives, sometimes I'll take a figure with me to see what happens. I don't do that often; I usually have a plan. I admit, I woudn't mind a couple more of these so I could make Aleph and have 2 cronies. I suppose that's how I could work the VS story which has taken a backburner to all my projects.
I know that might sound like a no-brainer. I'm sure Snake Eyes has plenty of arch enemies, what's one more? It's not so much who the Nite Creepers make an enemy of, it's about the story using and/or centering around Nite Creepers. That was to be the fun of it. As for the figure itself, I haven't used it much. I tried a photoshoot some time ago and it didn't go well. That had more to do with my photography skills and location than the figure. I remember it not being particularly inspired. On my random drives, sometimes I'll take a figure with me to see what happens. I don't do that often; I usually have a plan. I admit, I woudn't mind a couple more of these so I could make Aleph and have 2 cronies. I suppose that's how I could work the VS story which has taken a backburner to all my projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment