6 INCH: COBRA COMMANDER
Here's an odd tidbit of useless info for everyone. I have Cobra Commander. Someone has to lead Cobra, right? The GI Joe side? I don't actually have a proper leader hierarchy! I have Flint and Stalker. And Stalker's just a Sergeant. Based on filecard, just about everyone on GI Joe is a sergeant! I would like to get a 1st series Duke but I watched his prices go up quickly after his release, which made no sense to me. Back in the Theme Years era, Duke, CC, and SE got a ton of versions. They were the golden triad or whatever they were called. Something about, every other wave had to have a version of them in it. Despite Cobra Commander being the architect of Cobra, the proper supreme leader, yadda yadda, visually, I like him. I believe I purchased him because he was cheap and my Classifieds needed someone to lead them. My small scale version, I adore. Bit of a similar vibe but the command crew of the small Joes, there's a common look to them all. Tomax, Xamot, Mindbender, and Interrogator all wear pretty much the same outfit.
Cobra Commander, in my JoeVerse, is kind of complicated. He's come a long ways and watched the world change. He's seen how the art of war has changed too. He acknowledges that the 1980s and 1990s were a time of massive campaigns where battles would employ hundreds of troops, battalions and wings of motorized vehicles, and a lot of threats. No longer is war conducted this way. At least, for the most part. It's all about special ops teams going in and doing whatever they are supposed to do which can have big and long-lasting effects. It's also more seductive and quiet.
He is quite proud of how his Doomsday campaign played out in the end. The world, especially the United States finally got to see him in a serious light. Not a complete buffoon from his numerous failed attempts at taking over the world. In fact, he realized that was an unreasonable goal. He realized, what he needed was not great military might, but a great nation. To have that, he would have to create one. The US didn't surrender to him. The states of the US didn't surrender to him. But behind the scenes, in the dark and quiet, cities and towns took him up on his offer. They didn't surrender, they pledged allegiance to a different way of living. This was not what Cobra Commander envisioned. In some instances, entire counties accepted Cobra as their government. Most became sovereign nations with very tedious relations with the United States. Other places, it's kept on the down low. It's those places where Cobra schemes and plots. Yet at the same time, Cobra revitalized the economies of many small towns and cities.
Cobra still has plans to become the most powerful entity in the world. Cobra Commander has set his sight on the stars. He also knows, like GI Joe and Marauder Task Force, there are greater enemies out there than he could have ever imagined. The politics of the world, he feels, are far more evil than anything he could have come up with. Cobra's path lies on a very different route than it had 40 years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment