6 INCH: ZAP
As a kid, I didn't have this figure. He kind of slipped through the cracks. I don't know if I ever had an official Zap figure throughout the whole time I've done this GI Joe thing. There was a Bazooka figure that came with the Quick Strike in the early/mid-2000s but GI Joe fans felt that the dude look far more like Zap than the football Jersey dumb dumb called Bazooka. That said, I made my own (via Marauder Task Force) when I was making my own O-13. One funny thing about the name of this figure, harder GI Joe fans wondered why the bazooka guy is called Zap. That name would have been more fitting for Flash. Bazooka would have fit for this GI Joe (and worked for the next bazooka guy).
Why did I purchase this one? I forgot the reasoning. Either I want to work on a Classified O-13 or I just thought he'd be neat to add to the posse. As for working on a O-13 collection, that's going to be difficult because one of the figures is north of $100. Maybe I thought he should keep Stalker, Grunt, and other Joes company. Perhaps, I wanted a bazooka character. Or deep in my mind, I wanted a character I didn't have yet. It's possible I kept seeing photos of him in action and decided he'd be worthy to have.
How he fits into the Zedd Universe actually goes beyond this single figure or character. I'm not sure how the large scale figures fit in. The Zedd Universe is primarily 1:18 scale, not 1:12 or other. Part of my thinking was that the 1:12 figures were just physical representations of some characters, not actually in the universe. A type of 'means to an end'. The 4 Horsemen project, the visual side like the vignettes I've completed are all with 1:12 scale figures and IS a part of the Zedd Universe. I haven't figured it out yet. With that in mind, he's just a figure to have.
To note, a lot of ideas never panned out in terms of diostories or stories in general. I never got around to doing an O-13 series which I think would be a lot of fun. Because I didn't dive into that, a lot of the original characters never got written into my stories. Maybe they were wandering around in the background. Maybe they got a line or two of dialogue. In terms of Zap, the potential is there. He's an unwritten character.
No comments:
Post a Comment