6 INCH: SLICE
Slice and Dice. The two names go together. I was out of the GI Joe game when these two showed up. Their originals, once I saw them years after their release, I was not impressed. Nor did I care much for the idea of Ninja Force. I didn't like the guy until Valor Vs Venom which was in 2004. Hasbro changed up the duo to Slice and Slash and made them totally goofy. For some reason, I thought they were cool and fun.
Fast forward to when Classified was released, Slice and Dice would get an updated treatment in the larger scale. I had been fighting with the Classified series; not just because of price point and scale differences (from the smaller scale), but I was/am heavily invested in the Marauder Task Force customizable figures. Seeing the promos for this Slice & Dice 2-pack, it got me real tempted to get back into the Classified game (which would be the 3rd or 4th time). I ended up back in the game, cherry picking who I wanted. I forgot about this pack (easy to do when cruising Amazon and it never shows up). In the end, I scrounged up the money, found someplace that had it and bam, the 2-pack was to be mine.
Now, this isn't supposed to be a review. This is about why I have the 6 inch figures (okay, larger size might be a tad variable).
The 2-pack is awesome. The figures themselves, Hasbro put effort into. That's not something that could be said for every figure. The figure has all these cool, tiny details that make it feel like a higher end figure. That's not a bad thing and for the most part, I don't the consumer paid for the extra effort. (The extra costs prolly were in the form of the plethora of accessories the two came with.) One of the biggest attractions is the head mold. I love that look. I know the Japanese have mask/helmets like this for their sword-based martial arts. Like I stated before, I'm a visual guy. Slice is visually attractive, moreso than Dice.
The Zedd Universe Slice. In my universe, Cobra has splintered heavily into different stand-alone armies. Cobra is led by Cobra Commander. Coil is led by Serpentor. Alpha 9 is led by Overkill (you can guess what his army is made up of). The Dead Poets Society is led by Major Bludd. Zartan and his Dreadnoks. Destro and MARs. The list goes on. Cobra Commander enlists ninja as a type of trooper (which I narrowed the focus so a lot of classes don't exist or are really small they aren't worth mentioning).
With that in mind, Slice and Dice don't actually have a role in the Zedd Universe. I've messed with some ideas, hoping that doing photography with them, something comes out of it. Otherwise, Slice is a visual item that I like to have and look at. (Now that I think about it, the ninja did make an appearance in a diostory but they weren't the stars of it. Just soldiers.)
No comments:
Post a Comment