6 INCH: SKULLBUSTER
Skullbuster is a character from the GI Joe comic. I didn't know of him because I was out of GI Joe at the time. I didn't know what a Range Viper was until after 2002 when people kind of explained what they were. Part of the DiC GI Joe cartoon after Sunbow was fired, yes. Weird dudes with skull heads, yes. Kinda creepy, yes. What blue and yellow have to do with wilderness survival is beyond me. I've looked up the character a few times but forget who he is. I kinda only knew of the character from GI Joe: The Collectible Card Game! Therefore, Skullbuster is a blank slate for me.
Why is he even in the Zedd Universe?
When I was copying Mr Winchester's custom whom I call Red 5 in my universe, he said that the bodies had come from the HISS Strike Team 3-pack from the GI Joe Classified toyline. (The head was from a Star War figure) After making Red 5 I was left with 2 bodies, 3 heads, and random parts and accessories. I put this one together best I could and was bewildered why the parts aren't more universal with the figures. I've probably gotten accustomed to Marauder Task Force which are easily customizable. To make the story short, I created this neat looking dude just to have; he didn't have a place in the Zedd Universe. Yet.
When I was copying Mr Winchester's custom whom I call Red 5 in my universe, he said that the bodies had come from the HISS Strike Team 3-pack from the GI Joe Classified toyline. (The head was from a Star War figure) After making Red 5 I was left with 2 bodies, 3 heads, and random parts and accessories. I put this one together best I could and was bewildered why the parts aren't more universal with the figures. I've probably gotten accustomed to Marauder Task Force which are easily customizable. To make the story short, I created this neat looking dude just to have; he didn't have a place in the Zedd Universe. Yet.
Coming up with the idea of the 7 Orochi (it's a Dynasty Warriors thing, for those in the know), I needed 3 more members to join the 4 Horsemen (7 Orochi is the evolution of the 4 Horsemen; add 3 characters). Red 5 needed a home so he became an instant member. This skull guy, might as well add him in. I remembered there was a dude called Skullbuster so why not add him too? (The last position, I still don't know who to use and it's been over a year)
I'd prefer to discuss Skullbuster the toy over Skullbuster the character as I see fit. In this case, the two kind of go together because I needed a reason for him being (based on me not knowing who he was other than a name). For the most part, whatever was written about him, I've thrown out the door. These are his main aspects:
-Former Range Viper. Not a particular good one, but retains enough survival skills to, uh, survive
-A free spirit in Cobra; a character but no real position
-Loves guns. Not weapons, guns. He doesn't know cannons, missiles, artillery, silent weapons, etc. He prefers automatic rifles of all sorts. He doesn't have knowledge of the rifles he uses; Skullbuster simply likes what he likes. In terms of his place with the 7 Orochi, he's the crazy gun-toting warrior. A bit like Marvel's Cable who runs around with an array of guns. He could care less what they are and what they do, as long as they shoot and take out bad guys. Or good guys.
-Not particularly intelligent.
The figure itself, I like. Not because I made him, it's just that he looks kinda neat. Like he's a functional trooper that one would want to play with. The head mold is made creepier due to the colors Hasbro used for the figure. He hasn't been written yet which I suppose, I should work on vignettes for the 7 Orochi project to get the ball rolling. I have a few single photos of him, but nothing is telling about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment