Wednesday, September 09, 2026

 6 INCH: LADY OBITUS


The story behind using this figure is that a Classified Baroness was going for way too much online. I wanted her in general but to also be a part of the 4 Horsemen crew (consisting also of Major Bludd, Dr Mindbender, and Crystal Ball). Mr Winchester kind of showed me the light with a cheaper alternative; Snake Eye - The Movie's Baroness. I'm okay with the body and the face is fine, even if I break canon that she doesn't wear glasses. I wish she had long hair. Oh wait, this isn't Baroness. I renamed her LADY OBITUS. You can do a search of what Obitus means. 

I did no upgrades to her. Storywise, I already messed her up. She showed up as a nurse in a Devil Dogs story but then again as their handler as a late-addition character. I'm sticking more with the latter and whoever the nurse was, that remains to be seen. Lady Obitus has shown up in a few photos and a couple of the 4 Horsemen vignettes (and of course, in the Devil Dogs stories).

Deciding that she isn't the Baroness has helped me figure out what she is. As a Horsemen, she represents Death. I wasn't sure at first, what that meant. Did she go around just killing people for the fun of it? Did she take the killing of people and turn it into an art form? I had some ideas and didn't care for them. As I fleshed out ideas of what the rest of the Horsemen were about, I realized that some of these characters had a thirst for... knowledge? What could they do to another human? Lady Obitus can kill and could be considered a killer (In the Zedd Universe, she's former Mossad. Anyone who has watched NCIS knows what Mossad agents are like.). For her, it's not about the killing, it's about death itself. She has a fascination with it. Best put, she wants to see the light go out in a person's eyes. Lady Obitus has no interest in torturing a person until they die. It's not about suffering, like in a hospice situation or even on the battlefield. 

I originally had a story for her where she knocks off a few Joes just because she can and to maybe satisfy her thirst if only temporarily. The story meandered too far as I wrote it and she wasn't the star of it. The Joes who did die in it were not at her hands. What upset her most, she didn't get to see them die. She only heard about it. In some ways, it's an exploration of humanity and life. Two of the other members of the 4 Horsemen, they are focused on the manipulation of mind and body. Then there's Major Bludd who represents War. All three work together to help each other's goals and interests.

Visually, the figure suffices. For photographic purposes, she is difficult to pose. The issue are her feet. It's not necessarily about the size of the feet. Of course, big anime feet would help the figures stand better, but final execution of the figures are sometimes warped or just off in general. Lady Obitus has fighting skills. At the moment, she has yet to demonstrate them. To the Devil Dogs and Marauders Task Force, she's just an intel agent. Better at sitting behind a computer and digging for information than being on the battlefield. Little do they know what she's truly capable of. 

In terms of who she actually is, I've played around a lot with the idea that she is a cousin of the Baroness. Which is why they dress and speak in the same way. But also, I see the Baroness in a very specific way. Lady Obitus is able to do a lot more physically which works for my stories much better.























No comments: