6 INCH: AMBASSADOR OF R'YLEH
Diving into the Big Bad Toy Store toyline OPERATION: MONSTER FORCE was kind of a stretch for me. I prefer to keep my toy buying focused on a toyline or two. For years, it was Marauder Task Force. When I chose to dabble in GI Joe Classified, I thought it would end there. But alas, I've found that I buy what I like. Monster Force, because of Mr Winchester, looked pretty darn fantastic. That led me to desire several of their wonderful figures. The Monster Force line also gave me custom ideas. In terms of this, uh, dude, he was a pre-order and well...
WHO?
I can't remember this guy's name. I mean, he has no name. He's an ambassador of R'yleh. His name could be anything. I simply call him "Cthulu Head". As for the R'yleh part, I can't recall the name easily. R'yleh sounds like Riley which there have been 2 at work. But with the way it's written, it looks like it's a Jaffa word (Stargate series). So I want to call this guy Chulak or R'yak. Worse, I can hear Christopher Judge's voice saying both those names. No, it doesn't make sense.
WHY him???
If coolness is the name of the game for why I often buy a figure, Cthulu Head is cool looking. He's also incredibly creepy. I debated whether I even want him on the dresser with my other figures (because the dresser is next to the bed and how badly do I want Mr Cthulu watching me sleep?) The body may be a bit standard for the line, but the artistry is in the head and hands. And the gnarly spell book he comes with. But there's more. Since I accept Cobra LA in the Zedd Universe and have watched many episodes of Ancient Aliens, this sort of figure fits in just fine into the Zedd Universe. He doesn't quite have a role but he could be written exactly as his title is. Ambassador to whatever R'yleh is!
No comments:
Post a Comment