Thursday, June 15, 2006

UP THE IRONS!!!
*
*
*
I'll admit it. I'm a Maiden fan. And for some strange reason, all the chapters involved in my dio, "Transformations" have Maiden song titles. Just a lil fun and Episode 2 won't be any different. And with that in mind, Episode 1 is officially wrapped up! I shot the last section of the dio and originally, it was to be in Chapter3. Ch3 would have been a long chapter and when going thru it all, I found it to be too long. So I chopped it in half and created Chapters 3 and 4. A few slight tweaks and 2 new covers and I was good to go.
*
So let's talk a lil about what's going on. I look at it as a cans of Doom, a bit of Aliens and a shot of Stephen King. I thought it would be fun to mess around with things. Originally, the monsters were going to come from the Venomized Troops (aka V-troops) but I departed that idea. Just how would a Snow Wolf or Desert Scorpion turn into an 8 foot lizard OR a f'n red monster with 4 legs and gnarly claws??? Sure, I could have written it that Overkill really messed around with the dna splicing but I decided to go a different route. A more horrific route. Besides, I never liked the idea of humans becoming monsters. I like monsters as monsters, y'know?
*
The main influence was the movie Doom. Say what you will about it. I loved the dark, creepy, blue-lit tunnels. I loved the air of suspense and the fact you never really see the monsters. I was going to try the same effect but man, it is so difficult. So in Chapter2, you don't actually see the monsters full on. You see parts of them which lends to more suspense. By Chapter3, you get both creatures and see what they are really fighting. And I'll admit it, I was too lazy to figure out a different light scheme for the Retreat sequence. (that would be the last Lobby sequence) In any case, I was toying around with endings and finally found one that worked for me.
*
This is not the GI Joe you grew up with. It sure isn't Hasbro's GI Joe. It's not the cartoon. Not the comic. And certainly, not anything Devils Due has been doing. I have a lot of pretty anal ideas regarding my Joeverse so my verse doesn't equal YOUR verse. And that's ok because in theory, the dio is my story. And like fanfiction, it goes where it wants. BUT I wasn't going to make it so weird and outlandish that it's not remotely believable. Certainly, the cartoon had more weird ideas, yesh???
*
In any case, I HOPE a lot of questions come up because Episode 2 will reveal a lot but it will also show that... Well... The author feeds the reader what they want. And don't think for a moment that I don't have it planned that the viewer is misinformed. ;) In any case, Episode 2 is coming together. The 1st 10 frames are ready to go. Chapter1 will be pretty long and if Ep1's Chapters 1 and 2 were like totally different stories, hopefully the same will happen w/ Episode2.
*
I'm having to do a lot of thinking how Ep2 will play out. It's gotta be bigger and better but added things can't take away from the story. I have a lot of ideas that need to be fleshed out. It will also be a further look into my Joeverse. Just for kicks, I'm providing the link that gets you to the Chapter page.
*
*
Until Next Time...

No comments: