Saturday, May 20, 2006

Today was the Junior Ski to Sea race. The Ski to Sea race is a huuuuuuge event in Bellingham. There are various adult divisions. Running, skiing, biking and I don't quite remember what else make up the adult race. Their's takes hours. But the kiddies, it's a tad shorter. There are several divisions; moreso than just elementary, middle school and high school. Kody and his team, the Peeps, took 3rd place for the co-ed (aka mixed). He did the soccer dribbling. It was very cool. Thomas and I just made it in time too. We had to park at another lot and hike our way in. Which wasn't bad. I needed the exercise. I took a few pics here and there and plenty of Baby Thomas as well. :D

So a bunch of pics there (including a video of Kody doing his part in the race). Then it was back home. What makes TODAY worthy is that I got my lazy booty in the garage and actually shot more of my dio. I actually shot 3 parts today. The corridor sequence (which I have it labeled as Hanger to Overkill's Lab Corridor), the Lab (aka Overkill's Lab or Overkill's Chamber or just plain old Chamber), and then another video-like sequence. The video sequence (not actually a video, just resembles one...) stars Ghost Bear and Overkill and will cover where the monsters are coming from. Well, kind of. Anyway, it felt good to get that under my belt. I am in the process of transferring the images to the computer.

The biggest headache so far has been the corridor/hallway scenes. I am using magenta x-mas lights to light the thing but they just aren't bright enough. So I have to use extra lights (not placed in the ceiling) and w/ 1 hand, take the picture and w/ the other hand, try to light the figures up a bit better. Very tedious process. Especially when there are 3 sections to the corridor!!!

In the test shots of the corridor, the hallway looks really big. Probably bigger than it should AND that it doesn't quite convey that horrific claustrophobic effect I wanted. However, there's a reason why the corridor is as big as it is. After then Hanger sequence, the Joes have to get back to the Lab... Anyway...

There is a sequel already in the works. It'll play a little bit more with the current story, but I think it will go on its own course. As it stands, a very short sequence has been shot of LowLight and Bombstrike on the run from a pack of Saw Vipers. Any Joe fan would automatically assume the 2 snipers would have no problem taking out 3 Saw Vipers. But in my Joe 'verse, the Saw Vipers are clones. The source material was a GI Joe named Rollbar. That means the Saw Vipers are smarter than the average, uh, Cobra trooper running around. Besides, the snipers can hide all they want, but what happens when the Saw Vipers are more than willing to blow a place apart? Doesn't make hiding work quite as well.

Anyway... We have a friend coming tonite. She'll sleep over and then Emi and her will have fun hanging out tomorrow. It's a big deal that she is coming. Big for HER because... Let's just say it's a huge step forward in dealing w/ anxiety and stress.

Until next time...

No comments: