Monday, May 22, 2006

MAKE IT SO

We had quite a busy weekend. The Jr Ski to Sea on Saturday morning and then our friend, Dawn, came up to visit for a couple o days. It was good to see her. Neither of us have seen her much since she lives in Renton and we live in Bellingham. Emi and her went to Big Rock Garden to stroll around. When they returned home, we all ran off to Cold Mountain Nursery. Emi is all about plants. I'm getting there. I like fiddling with the garden and making things look neat. Sometimes pretty, but I'm a guy so it has to look 'cool'. We strolled around, took a hard look at Maple Trees (Japanese maples...) and Emi bought me a Bleeding Heart. :D I've been wanting one but I always seem to forget because the Black Mondo Grasses tend to beckon me when I'm in a garden section.

I also worked on my dio. My dio, "Transformation" is broken down into Chapters. Chapter1 is self-titled. Chapter2 is "Fear of the Dark". Chapter3 will be "Hell Is From Here To Eternity". Yes, those are Iron Maiden titles! ;) So a regular dio of mine is broken into chapters and published at different times. Each chapter is made up of parts, or on the computer, folders. The 1st part was actually shot when dealing w/ Ch2! Somewhere along the storyline, it didn't quite fit into Ch2 so I shoved it into the next chapter. I shot 3 parts for Ch3 with 2 more to go! And tho I shot 3 parts, they only go into 2 folders. Sometimes, I slam it all together into 1 folder so I can view the story easier thru the filmstrip option. The video sequence, while getting it's own folder, is later retitled and shoved into the main story. I make it sound MORE convoluted than it really is. It all makes sense in my head.


So I'm quickly going thru the 3rd part (Overkill's Lab part2). Then there'll be (another) short corridor sequence and then onto the finale.

What's funny is that I KNOW what's happening in the story as well as what WILL happen. But the viewers, they dont' know! I forget that in Ch2, they NEVER see what they are fighting. In a way, it's a set-up of atmosphere and tension for Ch3. Yes, I meant it to be that way, but I didn't 'tease' the audience enough in terms of what the Joes and Cobra end up fighting. When Chapter3 starts, it starts off with a faster bang than Star Wars Ep3! Not as pretty of course, but the 'hanger sequence' is 80% action. And the action continues on until the Joes can get back to the safety of Overkill's Lab. ;)





It's back to work on that. It's looking pretty tight and I'm still pulling out shots that either dont' fit or drag it on. And I *think* I have an ending.

Until next time!

No comments: