Friday, April 27, 2012

TOTALLY crazy day.

In an earlier post, I gave a run down of all our projects from the week. Come today, I get to work and nobody knows what is really going on. We have people who want to just get into the factory and start working. We got people (like me) who still had unfinished assignments. You had others stressing over the written exam and final project. As it turns out, we were sent to the lab to finish stuff and/or practice.

Safety Wire. I had this sitting over my head since  last week! I wanted to get my shamrock bought off so I could concentrate more on the safety wire. But alas, the bosses wanted things the other way so I had to do safety wire first. It was just 1 lil part of the whole project. It was a situation where I had to do it upside down. Now, I already suck at safety wire so...  Let's just say by break, I hadn't done a damn thing except end up with sore arms and was really unhappy. Fortunately, I got some support from others and I busted out the 1st part of the assignment. In the end, it took me over 3 hrs! :(

(John asked if I received my check yet. what check? My retirement check! Cuz i was taking so long... lol)

After I got it signed off, I ran upstairs, got the Shamrock bought off. Did some last minute taking apart of it, took my tools back to the shop and it was pretty much lunch time.

After lunch, it was time for our written test. Because it's Boeing, we don't know what to expect. We were thrown into a rather hard exam and while I passed, I would have preferred to do better. 90 minutes to take it.

With the exam over, I returned to the lab and what do I do? I go do the safety wire portion of a shamrock. After 3 hrs of utter frustration, that'st he first thing I go do??? Well, yeah! I know I can drill holes. I know I can countersink and put in fasteners. But safety wire wasn't something really covered (with emphasis) at WATR. I did the shamrock in about a half hour (that includes renting out the tool kit). When I did it the week before, it took a very long time.

By the time I was done, it was clean up time. While almost half the class didn't pass the exam, I was in a fairly cheery mood. I got the unfinished stuff done. Got home and I had 2 packages for me. Got my Footloose figure from the GI Joe club (part of the subscription) and from Amazon, I got the extended/full version of Red Cliff (which I've been wanting since it came out like 2 years ago?) and the latest Misfits cd DEVILS RAIN.

:D

No comments: