Saturday, April 21, 2012

Currently in training at Boeing. It's a 10 week training at the ERC for 5 days. We got to spend some time in the factory shadowing other people. It was 1 day a week for 5 weeks; the day we went on shifted each week.


I am now in the home stretch. Week 10 starts on Monday with the finals at the end (when everyone is finished).


This last week was really hard on me. I felt my confidence level plummeting faster than a relationship! For 3 days, I wasn't getting stuff finished, couldn't focus, was overthinking, getting frustrated, etc. The projects are timed and they have to be bough off by an instructor in which, we have several. Fortunately, I managed to turn things around on Friday. :D


Monday was my last day in the factor for shadowing. I stayed busy. Which is rare. ;)


Tuesday was the beginning of the 4 days of hands-on. It's no secret that I get out of shape really quickly. When I was at WATR, the hands-on was 4 straight weeks so imagine my skill level becoming consistent and accurate. In this training, it was mostly classroom settings so months later, whatever drilling and countersinking skills I had, they went south.


So on this day, we started with Sealing and ended with Safety Wire (which I didn't finish). The class was split in half and the group I was in was split again. Sealing went ok. Pain in the butt to clean. And Safety Wire, I got stuck on project2, then got thru 3 & 4 just fine. Didn't get to start #5 tho I could've done it if I had an extra 20 minutes or so. Confidence level started to drop during those 4 hours of Safety Wire...

No comments: