Sunday, April 13, 2008

I've been playing guitar for some time now. I probably should be better than I am but I'm a rhythm player. I don't play fancy solos and stuff. So i bought this guitar from GuitarCenter awhile back and well, I've had problems with it off and on. I finally had it with the Floyd Rose bridge that sat too low so I couldn't change out strings w/o scratching up the body.
Last week, it just kinda fell apart. Screws came out. Screws were stripped to lock the strings in, etc. I had always been worried about taking it in because I thought maybe the repair would cost MORE than the guitar itself. I paid a decent amount for it and I love the thing. It's so comfy in my hands to play. I took it into Mojo Music up here in B'ham and they fixed it all for under $50! The repair guy blocked the bridge up so it wouldn't sit low and I could change strings easier.
I had to break the new strings in and I taped myself (via the digital camera) and man... I'm surprised you can actually hear what I'm playing. I'm a heavy metal guy so I sometimes wonder if things sound like mud. But lo and behold, it was all good! :D And playing on new strings... You can hear me hitting 'em pretty hard. I play hard and remotely fast so... Anyway, watching myself, I see where I need to change things in my tunes. Mainly, I need to speed stuff up but my stuff actually sounds pretty tight.

:D

No comments: