Wednesday, October 07, 2026

 I favor Pepsi over other colas.


I know some people are all about Coke, RC, store house brand, whatever. But Pepsi was my preferred soda when it came to colas (no, not cost of living adjustments, but those are nice too). Now, I gave up, for the most part, caffeinated sodas some time ago. (I drink either tea or Bai Blackberry Boost for caffeine) I did Mt Dew like everyone else. I'd mix Mt Dew and Amp (don't judge). That was a long time ago, back in early 2000s when I worked at Trader Joes in Issaquah. I actually abstained from soda for a very long time; got it down to maybe 1 a month? Then it crept back in then I backed off again. I do non-caffeinated sodas, particular the local Merchant's soda where I gravitate towards lemon-lime, huckleberry, and grape.


These days, I only drink it when I need a caffeine/sugar boost, usually if I'm off on a drive and/or photoshoot. I used to think it was cool and refreshing. But man, the last few times, this stuff just tastes nasty. Doesn't matter if it's the real sugar version or regular fake sugar version. I don't know what happened to it, but it just isn't good. I'd ask what happened, but who knows?

No comments: