Monday, July 27, 2026

 Accomplishments (I finished something!)

I'm one of those type of creative artists that comes up with ideas and plans but has a hard time finishing them. That said, last week, I finished a Devil Dogs story called FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF GOD. This would be story #3 under the Devil Dogs phase of the Demon Hunters project. It took longer than I wanted. Finishing it was an accomplishment, something I don't give myself credit for usually because I have a lot of things in my mind. In terms of the Devil Dogs stories, I was thinking of #4 and how to wrap up the phase and to transition to the next phase of their evolution: War Hounds.

To get technical, Demon Hunters Vol1 is a mouthful. I didn't see any other way on how to do break it down because it's that complicated. Well, it's probably not but it's multi-layered! That aside, I'm working through #4 which will be called FATES WARNING. Yes, that is an Iron Maiden song title. Yes, I have a habit of using their song titles for stories.

The other story I finished last week (or was it the week before), was a vignette (short diostory) for Demon Hunters Vol2: The 4 Horsemen (shortened, 4 Horsemen or 4H). The visual shorts are out-of-sequence prequels to the 4 Horsemen story. It will not be a series of stories like the World Eaters (which follows the adventures of the Devil Dogs). It will be a self-contained story but the 4 Horsemen, to a degree, show up in Vol1 in a preliminary way. That part of the Demon Hunters project deserves it's own blog post or 2. 

In the end, I finished up #3 which took a life of its own. In fact, that lil story starts to set up for Vol3: 7 Orochi. Vol2 and Vol3 are closely related.

Wait, what ARE the Demon Hunters?

Who writes a story about a squad who hunts demons but doesn't actually tell their story?!?

Almost better not to ask! (okay, the 2 primary Demon Hunter characters make a cameo in FOR THE GREATER OF GOOD only to introduce them and indicate what the future holds for the Devil Dogs. They won't get story time until Phase 3 when they are tasked with the hunt!)

At the moment, I don't have plans for a 4 Horsemen #4 vignette. Focusing on Devil Dogs #4.



*Lt Rocker. Leader of the Demon Hunters squad. 1 of 2 of the primary members*


No comments: