Demon Hunters Project: What is it?
I haven't explained what the Demon Hunters project is.
The Demon Hunters is a Marauder Task Force military squad that takes out really bad bad guys. The crew is made up for 2 primary soldiers; Lt Rocker and Sgt Hunter. They hunt down the baddest of the bad. If they can't take them down on their own, they call the rest of their team. However, the real story isn't about the hunters, it's about the entities they are after.
Originally, it was just going to be 1 group to focus on. When I decided to add 2 more entities for down the road, it changed how I had to look at the project. The breakdown of the project got very technical. I admit, it's ugly looking and sounding.
The 1st theme was based Warhammer 40k's World Eaters. As the premise of each story tells, it's not about the people that are remembered, but the name. Or title. I decided to have some fun with the 40k universe, creating a prequel that has very little to do with modern day 40k.
In the future, there is
only war.
The future is dark. The
future is grim. The future is violent.
The universe only has
war.
For centuries it was
believed that people don’t exist forever. Philosophical types believe that the
human spirit can be eternal in the form of energy.
Humans are not legends
or myths. The names and titles become legends and myths. These transcend the
ages.
This is the story of a group of soldiers whose name became bigger than them.
Their group would be remembered millennia later…
To do this, I chose the World Eaters. I simply think they are neat and the Chaos chapters of mutated, manipulated, demented Space Marines are fun! It doesn't help that my Facebook feed when it pertains to JoyToy product, is often 40k stuff (or 30k but I'm not going there) and their World Eaters figures are very nice. This part of Demon Hunters starts with the Devil Dogs. They later become the War Hounds and finally evolve into the World Eaters. It is a series of stories.
Naming convention-wise, it reads like this:
Demon Hunters
Vol 1: World Eaters
Phase 1: Devil Dogs
Phase 2: War Hounds
Phase 3: World Eaters
Vol 2: The 4 Horsemen
Vol 3: 7 Orochi
The 4 Horsemen takes Cobra operatives who are doing outside of the usual fare. They are noticed by the powers that be and the Demon Hunters are sent after them. The story is what the 4 Horsemen are doing and to a degree, why.
7 Orochi is the evolution of the 4 Horsemen in that 3 more members join up. I haven't decided if they will be all Cobra. I might branch out. It's been months and I still don't know who member #7 is.
No comments:
Post a Comment