Friday, September 11, 2026

 6 INCH: SCARLETT


Scarlett is one of those characters I wasn't vested in and didn't have the toy as a kid. I did end up with a version of her because of the Joe VS Cobra theme in 2002. She wasn't someone I'd purposely buy. Like a lot of characters, she simply served to move the story forward. In GI Joe comic terms, she helped balance out the testosterone. It wouldn't be until the CGI animated movies in early 2000s or her Sigma 6 version, I grew to accept her. As for Classified, this is the look I prefer for her. I was definitely not a fan of her original design.

Despite my lack of love for her, I feel she is an integral part of the GI Joe team and lore. Scarlett isn't quite like a must-have when it comes to Snake Eyes. (or Duke, ahem) Certainly not like Slice & Dice, Law & Order, Ham & Burger... That said, I like this figure. I wish she came with a pistol and holster, but the fighting knives are a nice touch.

I gave Scarlett story time in the diostory LOST ISLAND (or was it THE ISLAND?). This was the second diostory I did. She and Lt Graydon (custom character) are returning with a squad of Greenshirts and Steel Brigade from a mission that acted as their test for promotion. The Greenshirts would move up to Steel Brigade (how it worked in my universe and then, I got rid of the Greenshirt class in favor of just the Steel Brigade). And the Steel Brigade moves up to full-fledged GI Joe members. This was during the time that the Plague vs Steel Brigade 6-pack had come out and was awesome in all sorts of ways. On their return, they are rerouted to a mysterious island in the Gulf of Mexico. Their mission: to retrieve Joe Colton who decided to infiltrate a Cobra R&D facility, by himself, and got over his head. After that story, Scarlett was in the Hunt For Sonneilon story where she is injured and taken out of action with a whole slew of Joes. That Scarlett is based on the small scale version. The big Scarlett exists in the Zedd Universe much the same as several other figures, but no definitive role. At this time, I don't have a small Scarlett so the big figure fills the role of Scarlett. I really need to think this through some day.
















No comments: