Monday, February 26, 2007

Watching the paint dry...

Yup, that's pretty much the case these toys with the dio. Episode2, for the most part, has all been shot. There are 2 scenes that take place outside the story and they both need sets. Now, while the scene where Duke is prepping the troops, I can just throw some walls up and make it work. But the scene w/ Cobra Commander (that's right, CC shows up w/ Commander Vlasko, Interrogator and eventually, Major Bludd as well as Destro and maybe Baroness) is taking forever. I'm building a set right now. It's gonna be several stories tall and well, each level of the set takes paint. In which case, I'm trying to add more detail to it so I'm adding all sorts of little tidbits that's taking up time.

Like... The Death STar isn't entirely smooth, y'know? There are gun towers, and ports and rectangular boxes and just 'stuff'. Now, my set isn't that anal nor am I building a Death Star, per say. But I'm building a tower/bridge for a helicarrier. Ok, secret's out of the bag. ;) But how it's done, you guys will just have to wait. I'm building a 1/18th scale helicarrier. Well, not the whole thing, but in parts that are pertinent to the stories. Kinda like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, the video game. You don't see the whole thing when running around, just parts of it.

I'm working on the 2nd level and prepping the 3rd level. I'm out of foamboard so I'm recycling the old. I'd love to get Ep2 out A WEEK AGO but it just ain't happening. It should be good in the end...

Until next time!

No comments: