Monday, February 19, 2007

Let's talk about the good guys!

So in "The Island" story, we have good guys and bad guys. I've already discussed the Cobras used in Ep1 and for the most part, Ep2. Sure there are a few others that show up but because I haven't shot the sequences yet, I won't add them in yet. I can only assume Destro and Cobra Commander show up but that can always change at the last minute. Also, in Ep3, I'm really gonna switch things up. "The Island" will wrap and the 2ndary storyline will take over w/ a 3rd storyline coming in strong (I hope). Expect to see lots of Firefly doing his thing. And no, not the NINJA thang!

Onto the good guys...

Lt. Graydon. Like I mentioned w/ Bludd, Hellfire and Interogator, I wanted to make a link between my dios. I think it's easier to give the reader something to recognize by using a familiar character. Again, Graydon is leading the group but he's leading a squad of Greenshirts this round. While he is in charge of the rescue force, he also has Scarlet and 3 Steel Brigade members to be concerned with. Why doesn't the RRTS1 go in? I wanted to pare down the characters and use other figures. Plus, I thought it'd be more interesting to use underdogs.

Scarlet. I've never worked with her before. I create just about everything in my Joe verse. Sets, stories, characters and situations. Scarlet is the 'handler' for the 3 Steel Brigade members. She is grading them to see if they have what it takes to be full-time GI Joe members.

Redzone, Checkpoint, & Rook : The Steel Brigade. These three members are part of an elite Greenshirt squad. The Steel Brigade are the Joe members between stage of Greenshirt and full-time GI Joe. Some are content to be an elitist back-up force. Others want to move up. These 3 members are testing to become full-time GI Joes.

Gray Wolf. Gray Wolf gives a link to the last story. He's a chopper pilot. He is Native American and was trained by Dart and Spirit in survival and scouting skills & techniques. He is a competent full-time Joe although he doesn't have much experience. He's a survivor.

Gen. Colton. His role in this story is simply a vehicle to use him. I'm not quite willing to part with the figure so I figured I'd find a way to use him. I wanted to set up a dynamic between Hawk and Colton. They have their views on how to deal with Cobra. Thing is, Colton is new to the team and Hawk has been leading the Joes the way he's been doing for a long time. Sometimes, a change is needed. Thing is, did Colton bite off more than he can chew???

Greenshirts. At one time, I had 20+ Sand Vipers. What was I supposed to do w/ pea soup green Beach Heads??? I didn't like the old style GSs and sure as hell didn't like the DD GSs so I figured I'd use the peasoups as GSs. I wanted non-descript, masked, average looking figures and these were, for the most part, perfect. The original plan was to paint their torsos all black (like Navy SEALS, the movie) but I got lazy.

I think that's it! Until next time.

No comments: