Saturday, May 26, 2012


For future reference in what I babble about from work, I'll explain it here.

The plane is often divided up into FWD, MID and AFT. And of course, Left Side (LH), Middle (CTR) and Right Hand (RH).

Now, you all know I'm Seat Crew. 

If I'm correct, the order of our events kinda goes like this (I don't have a lil seat card w/ SOIs on it)

-Unload seats from cargo containers
-Install 'Life Vests' (can't believe they call it that, not PFDs)
-Load seats onto plane
-Install seats onto plane

Uh, I think there are like, 2 more steps. Each of those steps above have MULTIPLE steps to them. 

Now, this might seem odd, but the SOIs are further broken down. So there's LH AFT and LH FWD. Which usually means, 5-6 seats in AFT and then 5-6 FWD on left. For those who can spot it, I already said AFT and FWD refer to sections of the plane. 

Well try this. We do a lot of installs based on the doors or stations. Doors are easier to recognize. So we'll do DR 3-4 LH FWD then DR 3-4 LH AFT. We know this as Left side of plane, in the aft section of the plane and well, that area is divided into 2. 

Therefore, last Wed, when looking up SOIs to see how they were doing, I was looking up DR 3-4 LH FWD, LH AFT, CTR AFT, CTR FWD, RH FWD, RH AFT... And keep in mind, RH AFT has 4 steps to it (see above). We'll be getting laptops at some point so we won't have to run up and down as much.




Lastly, I believe it was on Wednesday, I had a chance to speak to a couple of the big wigs when I was finishing all those steps. I can't go into the conversation but hey, at least I wasn't standing around doing nothing. ;)

No comments: